New Student Day of Service
Saturday, September 7, 2019
Our 6th Annual New Student Day of Service is a great opportunity to become involved, get to know your fellow Raptors, and give back to the local community. Registration will begin at 8:00am with a breakfast. The program will begin promptly at 8:30am. Groups of students will be lead by Orientation Leaders and staff and will be transported to locations. The day will conclude by 1:30pm with a lunch and a closing activity.
Activity Descriptions for New Students Day of Service
As part of the New Students Day of Service, students will be grouped into service teams based on project activities. The following are examples of project activities.
- sorting and packing materials such as at a food bank or in a school setting with children’s back-to-school bags.
- serving a meal and interacting with community members and persons experiencing homelessness.
- working outdoors in a community garden harvesting food and removing weeds
- working on physical service projects including housing demolition, painting, construction and/or neighborhood clean-up.
- working with children/youth on arts and crafts, including a special city-wide social media project.
Parking will be in Lot C14.
Please contact ONSP at email@example.com with any questions.