College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
For students who believe they have proficiency in a subject may sit for one of the accepted CLEP examinations. Students will need to have the report sent to Office of New Student Programs. Further, the student is responsible for all costs associated with CLEP.
For more information, please visit https://clep.collegeboard.org.
- Credit will be granted based on the CLEP Equivalency report.
- To obtain credit the student must score above 50 in each test and meet any other requirements specified on the Rutgers-Camden Equivalency report.
- A course for which credit has been granted will be noted on the official transcript and will represent credit for, or a waiver of, a specific course, whichever is appropriate.
- CLEP scores are not calculated into the grade point average.
- The maximum number of credits fulfilled by CLEP examination cannot exceed twelve (12).
- Students wishing to transfer in more than 12 credits from CLEP examination must receive approval from the dean of the college of enrollment.