The Rutgers ID Card is the official photo identification card issued for Rutgers University-Camden students, faculty, staff, and official guests. The Rutgers ID card serves as your primary form of identity verification throughout the university.
The Rutgers ID Card is used to access many facilities and services across Rutgers University, including (but not limited to):
- Residence halls
- Certain academic buildings and classrooms
- Meal plans and RUExpress (“flex”) dollars
- University libraries (such as the Paul Robeson Library)
- Computer labs and print stations
- Recreation facilities and Athletic events
- On-campus student programs
- Student discounts
You are required to submit a photo of yourself online through the “Online Photo Submission” website. After your photo has been approved, you can just pick up your Rutgers ID Card from the IMPACT Booth, located in the Main Lobby of the Campus Center, during your scheduled Advising & Registration Day.
Please Note: You need to activate your Rutgers NetID and email before you can submit your photo online.
Please be sure to review the criteria and directions outlined below before submitting your photo.
Photo submission requirements:
- Recent color photo
- Plain, white background
- Bright, even lighting
- Centered, frontal view of full face – no profile
- Cropped from just above the top of the head to the collarbone
- Eyes open and visible (wear prescription glasses if you normally do so)
Additional detailed instructions will be included during the online submission process.
Please upload your photo a minimum of 2 weeks (14 days) prior to your scheduled Advising & Registration Day.